Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jubilee Duggar

I have loved watching the Duggar family from their very beginning on television. I watched the documentary "16 children and moving in" where they were living in a tiny 3 bedroom house and wearing out-of-date hand-me-downs and I was intrigued.
I'm not obsessed. I don't feel the need to watch absolutely every episode on the night it's released, but I think I have seen every episode. I love that it is an interesting and entertaining show that Gwen and I can watch together. I mean... well, we watch mythbusters together too because we both love to see things blow up, but we learn more from the Duggars. I will never make some of the choices that they make, and they would never make some of the decisions I do and that's ok.
Anyway, I just watched the episode where they found out that baby #20 Jubilee Shalom, died in the womb at 17 weeks and my heart broke for them. I don't care about the controversial issues. No one should have to face losing a child. Pregnancy is such and exciting time. Full of dreams and hopes and expectations. I don't care what anyone says, a baby captures your heart as soon as you are aware they are there.
In the past when someone close to me lost their little boy I didn't know how to express how devastated I was for them and I regret that I didn't just go over to pray with them and tell them how sorry I was. In her interview, Michelle said that having people who had celebrated Jubilee's conception, with them to mourn her short life was important.
So I have learned from the Duggars once more. If I am ever in the situation again, I will know what to do. Perhaps not what to say, because what do you say, but I will know that it's ok to reach out to them in love and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment