Friday, March 30, 2012

I Win!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't remember ever going to a concert until I was a teenager. So when the youth group and Jr youth group were going to a free concert 2 weeks ago I had my doubts as to whether Gwen was ready or not.

I was right. She wasn't. We ended up spending a couple hours sitting outside the church that was hosting the concert while the others saw Aaron Shust
I hear he was good :)
 
Anyway, this led to a moment of panic when she overheard me telling someone that I was going to a Casting Crowns concert. I quickly assured her that mommy wasn't about to jeopardize the opportunity to see Casting Crowns live by trying to take her! As much as I love doing things with her... this was my thing :). She was more then happy to stay with my mom and dad.

So my dad picked her up and all the kids I was watching left 10 minutes early yesterday! I am not usually a concert person. Cities and large crowds are not my cup of tea, but I had SO MUCH FUN!!


 I took one picture with my phone, but the rest of the time I decided to just enjoy the moments. You know what I mean? Sometimes we are so busy posting to facebook and tweeting and blogging that we forget to live the moment.

I really loved the variety of people I saw there. There were 10 year olds sitting in front of us and adults in their 60's behind us and every age in between. I sat next to Dana who thinks that EVERY Casting Crowns song is her favorite... Every song that came on she would lean over and say "I love this song" which is completely understandable because I like them all too!

The most exciting point in the night came at intermission though.

When we first sat down we were approached by a World Vision worker (if you don't know about world vision, check them out here) asking if we wanted to enter a drawing for a free kindle. World Vision people tend to make me a little nervous because we sponsor 2 kids through Compassion (If you don't know about compassion look here. Or wait for me to write a long overdue post about our Compassion girls) and so we really cannot afford to sponsor any through World Vision.

Of course I entered the drawing. I always do, even though I never win.

Except this time I DID WIN!!!! I won a free Kindle! Wow!
     
Now I have the original NOOK and the Kindle 2nd addition. What does someone like me do with both? Why, I compare them of course! When I decided to get a NOOK I read every review comparing it to the kindle that I could find. How many of those people do you think were actually hold both devices in their hands??

I'm sure none of them were, but I am. I'll let you know what I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment