Friday, March 9, 2012

Is it safe to say??

I went into this winter dreading all the snow shoveling, salting and dressing in several layers, boots, hats, gloves, etc.. Last winter was excruciating. Going out at 5 am to shovel enough of my driveway so that parents could pull in and have a path to get to my front door at 6:30 to drop off the kids was the bane of my existence.

And of course, I was always worried about kids being sucked in and lost! LOL!

I've been afraid to comment on our mild winter this year for fear of jinxing it, but after the 70 degree weather we had yesterday I'm going to risk it and say

HOORAY!!!

We had a tiny bit of snow back in Jan. Enough so that kids could go out and play, but not enough to cause me back pain.


Gwen is that bit of black and pink on the ground by the tree... laying in wait for winter animals.

I am really living in the wrong climate. I know that ALL of our winters are mild compared to the ones further north, but I am a summer/warm weather/no shoes kind of person. I'm not sure I'd survive a 'real' winter and I'm sure I don't want to try!





No comments:

Post a Comment