Monday, March 5, 2012

Bye Bye Birdie

When I was in highschool I was involved in the play two years in a row. It was a wonderful experience. I would love to say that it was enlightening and empowering... but lets be honest. I have no acting, dancing, or singing skills. So I was an usher the first year and stage crew the second year. LOL!
I've been to a few plays in years since I graduated. There were a couple times that people I knew were in it and I just had to go. This year was one of those years because the older sister of one of the kids I watch was in it (she was wonderful by the way). My mom thought that maybe Gwen would like to go with us and I thought Sure! At eight years old she'll only last an hour or so. Then I'll have an excuse to leave early. Not that our high school doesn't put on AMAZING musicals. The talent in that school and the level of commitment from the teachers is incredible. They never fail to impress. I simply am not a musical person... and the seats in that auditorium are painful to sit on after about an hour.


Little did I know that she would LOVE IT!!! It was a LOOONNNNGGG play lasting more then 3 hours and she was engrossed the whole time. Laughing and keeping up with the plot and everything.


It took me a very long time to get those songs out of my head when I was an usher for Bye Bye Birdie... But I have a feeling it will take even longer now with Gwen humming them as well!
I just hope this doesn't mean that she's going to want to see musicals all the time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment