Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Seeing A Theme Here...

Gwen's library books for this week were:
Pony-Crazed Princess: Princess Ellie's Starlight Adventure
Pony-Crazed Princess: Princess Ellie's Camping Trip
Pony Tails: Pony Crazy
Pony Tails: Corey's Pony is Missing
Library Lion
Woof, A Love Story

One of the 3 yr old boys picked out these:
Spike at Halloween
Brooms are for Flying
Halloween Kittens

The other little boy picked out WHOO! WHOO! Goes the Train. None of these selections were a surprise. At all. We bring home similar titles every week, but really and within reason, who cares what they're reading?? I'm not going to be picky! When I announce that it's Library Day and they get excited and start jumping up and down, talking about what books they will look for and rereading the books we'll be taking back it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. That somehow, even with all the distractions of real life, I am encouraging a real love for books and learning that will hopefully be with them forever.


Some day I may even have time to look for book for myself... Possibly.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I love the title of your blog because I am raising bookworms as well!!! It's great to see others doing the same. Keep up the good work mom!!

    ReplyDelete