Friday, September 16, 2011

Oh Fexibility

Today is FRIDAY!! Yay!! Because we are doing the four day school schedule I planned to dedicate Fridays to 1. Catching up on anything we fell behind with and 2. Art and music. So, this morning I had the 3 things we needed to finish this week, plus her art lesson, plus her keyboard for a piano lesson out and on the table, ready to go.

Then Autumn struck. I am the biggest cold weather sissy. It was 70 degrees in the house this morning and I was under FOUR blankets! Brrr! First priority: find my hoodie and my slipper socks. Then find Gwen's fleece lined jeans and boots for her to wear to her riding lesson this morning. By the time I took care of and fed the boys and entered an online contest on The Joys Of Home Educating blog to try and win a free 31 gifts tote it was time to leave. I just checked my email real quick to see if anything important has come in and... Oh, look at that there is a homeschool picnic at Fort Mott at 11:30. Hmmm.

Needless to say, it was one o'clock before we got home from all that and I had to get the boys to sleep for their nap and Gwen needed to try on her clothes for dance class tonight and finish her reading. Now of course the bus is going to be here any minute and we have accomplished not one of the things I had planned for today. Sigh. I am struggling to be ok with it. This is the great thing about homeschooling. We can do it any time. Not everything needs to be done by 2:30 on Friday. Life goes on and life is learning. If we do Music and art tomorrow and the rest of the catch-up work on Sunday, what's the big deal? Or maybe we'll just save it for Monday and do schoolwork all day long like most kids do... yeah right, no way. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment