Monday, June 30, 2014

Something To Look Forward To- July 2014

Tomorrow it will be July and I, for one, am looking forward to some new releases!

California by Eden Lepucki
Release date July 8th
Here's what I know: 
It's a dystopian novel about a couple that leaves L.A. to live in the wilderness, then find out they have a baby on the way. Worried about their ability to provide on their own they seek out the nearest community, but soon discover that it's not as great as it seems... Yada yada yada... something about danger and trust. Sounds interesting if, like me, you enjoy dystopian works.

Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth
Release date July 8th
Here's what I know:
This is NOT A NEW STORY. This is all four of Tobias's back-stories in one neat package. The Transfer, The Initiate, The Son and The Traitor are included plus three other scenes that may be new, or may just be a ploy to sell this book as new material. I'm not sure, but I am looking forward to finding out!

Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian
Release date July 8th 
Here is what I know:
This is the tale of a recently orphaned and homeless teen girl who is driven by the guilt (of what her father MIGHT have done) to run away, hide and recreate herself. The best part? She is greatly inspired by her favorite poet who also happens to be a poet I love, Emily Dickinson. I know you are going to roll your eyes at me, but I am a sucker for a literary character who is into literature! Tessa in the Infernal Devices series and Rosemary from The Secret of Lost Things to name a couple. I am excited about this book!

The Mockingbird Next Door by Marja Mills
Release Date July 15th
Here is what I know:
One book. This chick wrote one book. Total. In her life. She wrote one book that has sold more than 30 million copies and been translated into more than 40 languages. She wrote one book that is read by 9th-12th graders all over the country. She wrote one book that the American Library Association claims "ranks at number 21 of the 100 most frequently challenged books of 2000–2009". This is a book about what it is like to live next door to a vibrant old southern lady that has slammed the door on interviewers for decades. This will be a good book.

Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on one or two of these in the near future and tell you what I think. I'd be interested to hear what you think as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment