Thursday, July 17, 2014

Such a Cute Little Library!

A year or two ago I decided that my book obsession was a financial problem...
I know, it's an ugly thought.
So we started frequenting the library not just for kids books, but for me as well. At the time we were members of the library system in the county next to ours since our county has no library system, just small, mostly privately funded and volunteer staffed libraries. 

Our local library has recently made some changes and updates. So I decided that instead of purchasing a membership somewhere else, I would donate that money to our library and see how we make out there.

The truth:
We are a pain in our librarians butt. We may be stressing her out a little.
Honestly, we are fanatics. We go through several books a week each, request particular books that have to be borrowed from other libraries continuously and question her about getting specific things or having certain programs. 

So, a few months ago I decided that we should give as well as receive. We began to volunteer at the desk every second Monday night and it is so much fun! There have been a few boring nights when there were only a handful of people that came in, but I can always read or alphabetize the juvenile books (they always need it!) if I get antsy. 
Mini-me is loving the checking out books part but not so much the 'dead nights' with nothing to do. I have my suspicions that I will want to be more and more involved so that our library can meet our growing needs.. Oh yeah, and those of the rest of the people in town too.

I just hope we are viewed as ambitious and involved, not pushy and obnoxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment