Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Humble Opinion on Reasons My Kid Is Crying

I was recently sent a copy of Reasons My Kid Is Crying by Greg Penboke for review.
 
GREG PEMBROKE is the father of two sons (and the husband of one wife) from Rochester, NY. He works part time as radio advertising copywriter three days per week and stays home with his young sons two days per week.
It just happened to arrive on a very busy day of work, and vacation bible school. Before I knew it, or had a chance to even open to the first page, my bible study friends were sitting around my livingroom, passing this book around, laughing and reading excerpts out loud to each other. 

"This book is hysterical!" 

 "My daughter has to see this!" 

After they left I sat down alone with it and had to completely agree with them. This book IS hysterical and oddly comforting. It is a collection of pictures of young children completely frustrated with the incompetence of the world around them. 

To see that other parents are helpless to prevent these complete meltdowns over things like "A fly landed near him" and "her popsicle was cold" is nice to know. Especially during the terrible 2s and horrible 3s... or if, like me, you always have a couple of kids in your house who have, as Pembroke describes it, "insanely specific goals" and "great expectations" for their lives and routines each day.  

If you are loving the idea of this as much as I was you can check it out on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter

I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment