Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spreading The Love!

So, because I enjoy reading so much I always want to help kids enjoy books from a very early age and I have a method to my madness

Step 1: Exposure. I take them to the library, read to them at least twice a day (I actually can't remember the last time I only read to them twice in a day...) and always have books available to them.
Step 2: Knowledge. I teach them how to take care of books, how to find the ones they're interested in at the library, and how to use them to learn about anything in the world.
Step 3: Do It Yourself. I believe it is very important for them to have a good experience when learning to read. So I encourage them in recognizing letters and learning their sounds even before 'preschool age'. Not just through worksheets, but with things they can explore. The Leapfrog Word Whammer, Starfall.com, painting, and sensory exercises.
It has worked in the past anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment