Saturday, March 30, 2013

Incredible Literary Art

While I have never been very artistic or art savvy, all different kinds of art have always fascinated me at museums and art shows. I have often thought that art and literature go hand-in-hand. For what are books but documented creativity.

To support my hand-in-hand theory, I give you this:
Custom Book Lover Thumbprint Portrait
There is an artist in California, Cheryl Sorg, who will take your thumbprint and about 50 book titles of your choice and create you an amazing, three foot high work of art that is completely specific to you! 

Such an amazing piece is not without a just as amazing price,  of course. Found it on Etsy for $400.

Some of her other incredible work:
Book Lover End Table - Functional Art - Colorful Collaged Table on Casters   Custom Couple Portrait...Ever Thine Ever Mine Ever Ours - Personalized - Great Wedding Gift - Infinity Symbol The Torah - Color Photograph of Text Sphere

Thanks to Vintage Books & Anchor Books for tipping me off about this!


No comments:

Post a Comment