Saturday, December 17, 2011

Quality time

OK, I know. I spend ALL my time with Gwen, but is it 'quality' time? Is it good memory making, giggle and laugh, getting to know you, happy to play with you, tell me anything time? Or when the boys go home at night am I so spent and exhausted that I'm barely here at all? Is 'watching TV together' just a way for me to get out of being a parent for an hour or two?
I have really been trying hard to make our time together more meaningful lately. Which means taking a break from stalking reading everyone's Blogs and Facebook posts (and I have come to realize that while I like you and care about what is happening in your life, I will survive not reading about it until the next day or *gasp* 2 days later).

We've been eating breakfast out, listening to loud music and discussing the meanings of the lyrics, tree shopping, wrapping presents, playing card games, eating chocolate together and having an outrageously fun time. If the day comes when we don't have all this time to be together, at least we will have good memories and an understanding of each other that comes from 'quality' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment