Tuesday, April 1, 2014

One Of THOSE Books

Some books are edge-of-your-seat, can't-put-it-down, up-all-night-reading kind of books. They mean something to us. We feel connected to the characters, the places and/or the conflict. They might give us insights into someone else's life... or our own lives. They might transport us to distant places. 

Some books are not like that. They might be interesting looking. They might be books we WANT to want to read, but they don't scoop us up and focus all of our attention. These books are no less important then the other type of book. I would never have read Pride and Prejudice or The Red Tent if I thought a book that didn't immediately captivate me wasn't worth reading. 
  
I am wrestling with just such a book right now. Alice in Wonderland is adorable and goofy and imagination sparking, but honestly, I am done after a few pages. I have been reading an average of 5 pages a day. Yawn. It will take all my will power to stick with it till the end. 
It is a book a want to want to read and it's worth it. What books have you struggled through?

No comments:

Post a Comment