Friday, October 4, 2013

Disappointment


This is important.
Read it again.

It drives me absolutely nutty when a great book gets massacred in the theaters. I just want to yell at the screen: It was good the way it was!! If you didn't have any improvements you should have left it alone!! Of course, the first time I did that, mini-me was so worried that I would be arrested that I save it for the car ride home now. I have also had plenty of opportunities since then to show her that my kind of crazy is not against the law... just funny and occasionally embarrassing.

Movies that have been a horrible disappointment to me are:
  • The Great Gatsby (2013)- I actually walked out in the middle of this in the theater, and my movie buddy was more then happy to leave too!
  • Prince Caspian- *sigh* It was such an amazing book
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)- One word- Creepy!
  • The Cat In The Hat (2003)- Theodor Seuss Geisel would be sooooo unhappy. This was so upsetting, I couldn't even read the book for weeks afterward
  • A Wrinkle In Time (2003)- I have tried to stay awake through this movie on three separate occasions and have failed horribly.
  • The Golden Compass- My favorite parts of the book were slaughtered. It was sad.
Did I miss any?


No comments:

Post a Comment