Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flu Season Woes

Cough, Cough
Achoo!
Snnnniiiifffff

That is the song of my house for the past two weeks and I have to tell you, it's not unfamiliar. It happens every year around this time and pieces of it linger until spring. I've been told this season is worse then usual, although that's what they say every year.
 
I might just believe them this year because along with the coughing, sneezing and runny nose my house was also invaded by fevers and vomiting. And that, my friends, is what has led to my woes. As you well know, as soon as these sicknesses appear all moms look at the toys in the house and thing one word

EEEWWWW!

Anything that could go through the wash did. Anything that could be bleached was. Anything that could be sprayed with disinfectant was.

Everything else.... was bagged up and is enduring a 2-3 week vacation in the attic while I wait for the germs to die out on their own. Unfortunately, many of those toys are favorites and they are sorely missed.

I can't blame them for missing the horses... They are pretty cool.
 
I brought out some toys they hadn't played with in awhile, but I'm still continually answering the question of when they can play with them again. I will have to over and over until the day their quarantine ends.
 
Here's a cute little book for toddlers/preschoolers about germs:

Germs Are Not for Sharing
 
I would recommend these for children older then preschool:

Germs Make Me Sick!
 Usborne Internet-Linked First Encyclopedia of the Human Body Human Body - Group 1
Hope you all stay healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment