Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello Again

I feel like I should tell you the truth right now. The truth is- I have stopped myself from Blogging for the past couple months. It was one of the restrictions I put on myself during a time when I had nothing good to say, but it was because of my attitude, not my situation that I had nothing good to say.
I don't care what is going on in my life, if I can feed and house us and if we are healthy, I should not have nothing good to say. (Did you follow that?) I succumbed to a bad attitude. I was ungrateful and bitter and sad and angry when I could be, because it meant I didn't have to be sad. I have still not completely smacked myself back into place yet, but I feel I have earned the right to continue my blog through my good behavior on facebook :)

So what did I read when I needed to escape from myself? What else but Harry Potter?
 Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set, Books 1-4 
The first four in paperback and the last three in hardcover. By the time the last three were published I was one of those crazy people at the midnight release... therefore, I had to splurge for hardcover.

We also discovered this adorable young readers series called Seekers. They are a series of books about the travels and adventures of four bears. Two grizzly bears, a polar bear, and a black bear that start out in totally different situations and locations and end up united in purpose and traveling together.
The Quest Begins (Seekers Series #1) Great Bear Lake (Seekers Series #2) Smoke Mountain (Seekers Series #3) The Last Wilderness (Seekers Series #4) Fire in the Sky (Seekers Series #5) Spirits in the Stars (Seekers Series #6)
They are told from the point of view of the bears, which is exactly what Gwen loves! Barnes and Noble.com says they are for ages 10-12... what kind of age range is that?? Honestly! Who comes up with that stuff anyway?

What have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment