Monday, February 11, 2013

My Love, My Life

      
Pooh's Library: Winnie-The-Pooh, The House At Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, Now We Are Six (Pooh Original Edition)Gwen and I may not have tons of frequent flyer miles, but I have taken my child to the Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh, Narnia with Lucy, Out West with Laura, North of North with Bella, England with Mary and China with Ping.

 We have been to Japan with Masako, Africa with Ki-Pat, Spain with Ferdinand, Boston with the ducklings and to Paris with Madeline.

Little House (9-Book Boxed Set)We have been to the vet with George, the Garden with Peter, Under the sea with Emily, and to the farm with Happy.

We have been to Droon with Eric, into the woods with Robert Frost, Canada with Toklo and New York City with Chester the cricket.
Side by side we have battled snowstorms with Katy, ran a circus with Olivia, chased bees to their tree with Mary Ellen, been chased by Monsters with Jewel, and traveled the world in Santa’s sleigh with Felix.
The Bee Tree
Together we mastered the high wire with Mirette, been adopted with Martha, escaped the Vikings with Jack & Annie, played with Danny’s dinosaur, and misunderstood EVERYTHING with Amelia.

My daughter and I have built fairy houses and birds nests. We have cleaned up litter and watched a turtle eat (It happens veeerrrry Slllooowwlly). We have explored forests, wetlands, beaches and fields as a team.  
Jewel's Magic (Bella Sara Series #3)
These are experiences that will shape her life. Someday she will think of me and get feelings of excitement, love, approval, and acceptance. She may not remember every moment of every day she spends with me, but she will have a great desire for adventure and knowledge. She will know that I loved her enough to give her that, no matter how long it took us or where we ended up.

1 comment: